Police Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Deputy, Jeffery Alexander, Killed in Head-On Crash R.I.P.

Go down

New York Deputy, Jeffery Alexander, Killed in Head-On Crash  R.I.P. Empty New York Deputy, Jeffery Alexander, Killed in Head-On Crash R.I.P.

Post  Admin Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:21 pm

New York Deputy, Jeffery Alexander, Killed in Head-On Crash  R.I.P. 650287666

CHEMUNG COUNTY, N.Y. -- "Shortly after 11 a.m. this morning, Deputy Alexander was involved in an on duty, two car motor vehicle accident on State Route 427 in the Town of Ashland. Due to the injuries sustained in this accident, Deputy Alexander lost his life."

Deputy Jeffrey Alexander, 26, was on regular patrol Sunday morning when he collided head on with another vehicle. State Route 427 was closed for hours as investigators try to figure out what went wrong.

"The preliminary investigation would indicate that the patrol car veered out of its lane into the eastbound lane of 427 striking the oncoming vehicle," said Chemung County Sheriff Christopher Moss.

Authorities are still unsure why Deputy Alexander swerved into the other lane. He was taking to Arnot Ogden Hospital where he would be pronounced dead. The driver of the other car, whose identity is not being released at this time, was pronounced dead on the scene.

While the investigation continues, the grieving for family, friends and the Sheriff's office has just begun.

"This is a tremendous loss, not only to Deputy Alexander's family, but to the Sheriff's office and the community as a whole. Deputy Alexander was 26-years-old, engaged to be married, so obviously, it is a tremendous loss," Moss said.

One that's being felt throughout the law enforcement community.
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

https://policeforums.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum